The Associate of Science Degree in Business program provides opportunities for job entry knowledge and skills for students interested in business careers. Below are the objectives for an Associate of Science in Business. In addition to the General Education outcomes, the student will be given the opportunity to:
- Effectively use computers to complete tasks.
- Demonstrate comprehension of basic principles of business and management.
- Explain the business decision making process.
- Describe how accounting concepts are used in basic business decision making.
- Perform the steps in the accounting cycle including adjusting entries, closing entries, and preparing income statements and balance sheets.
- Analyze the meaning of a sample financial statement.
- Demonstrate the use of micro-economic theory in a business application.
- Demonstrate the use of macro-economic theory in a business application.
- Demonstrate leadership through work with peers
|Course ID||Subject Area||Credits|
|Area I: General Education Requirements for the Associate of Science Degree|
|GS 101||Introduction to College Studies: Technology, Leadership, and Success||(5)|
|GS/SH 110||Environmental Science, Sustainability, and Health||(5)|
|EN 103||English Composition and Writing||(5)|
|EN 104||Mechanics and Research of Academic Writing||(5)|
|EN 202||Introduction to Public Speaking, Communication, and Self-Awareness||(5)|
|GS/IT 109||Technology in the Information Age||(5)|
|MA 105||Introduction to College Algebra||(5)|
|SO 202||Introduction to Sociology: Culture and Diversity in a Global Society||(5)|
|SO 235||Local and Global Citizenship with Experiential Learning (see p.14 for additional costs)||(5)|
|Total General Education Requirements for the Associate of Science Degree||(45)|
|Area II: Business Requirements|
|BE 101||Introduction to Business||(5)|
|BE 104||Introduction to Accounting||(5)|
|BE 201||Principles of Microeconomics||(5)|
|BE 202||Principles of Macroeconomics||(5)|
|BE 226||Business Entrepreneurship||(5)|
|Total Business Requirements||(25)|
|Area III: Approved Business Electives||(10)|
|Area IV: Approved Business/General Electives||(10)|
|Total Credits Required for Graduation||(90)|