Students graduating from our business and information technology program will be able to choose many different roles; becoming Information Technology (IT) and Information Systems (IS) workers in the business sector, project planners in the business, web developers, and business systems analysts. The Business and information technology program will educate students to analyze, design, integrate, and manage information systems using information technology in the business domain. In addition to the General Education outcomes, students will be given the opportunity to:
- Perform research emphasizing creativity, independent learning, and scientific methods in a chosen area of information technology.
- Design, implement and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the business program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Demonstrate the application of professional, informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles in business.
- Demonstrate proper business behaviors as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Account for analyzed user needs in the selection, creation, integration, evaluation, and administration of business computing-based systems.
- Develop a business product or process by applying skills of programming, web, database, human-computer interaction, and networking and security tools.
- Examine the principles and techniques of organizing and interpreting empirical data to develop a thesis-driven paper.