International College of Cayman Islands is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Earning your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credential makes you a recognized expert and leader in the HR field—and a valuable asset to your organization, keeping you and your organization more competitive in today’s economy. This professional distinction sets you apart from your colleagues, proving your high level of knowledge and skills.
SHRM certification is the only HR certification offered by the world’s largest HR membership organization. As the industry leader in HR professional development, SHRM has supported more than 100,000 employers representing 140 million employees worldwide.
Our course will expand and test your knowledge, along with providing practical, real-world competencies in areas critical to your HR career success.
For information on our SHRM CP and SCP Certification Review and Exam Preparation, please fill the form or contact us at 345.947.11000 or at email@example.com.
The program fee is $1,800.
- 10% discounts are available for: CISHRP Members
- Companies enrolling three or more of their employees
- ICCI Staff, Faculty, and Alumni
Contact Robert Lynch firstname.lastname@example.org
Who should attend
This certification preparation course is designed for HR professionals seeking SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification and want to:
- Increase knowledge
- Advance skills
- Earn recognition from the global HR community
|Credential||Less than a Bachelor’s Degree*||Bachelor’s Degree||Graduate Degree|
|HR-Related Program||Non-HR Program||HR-Related Degree||Non-HR Degree||HR-Related Degree||Non-HR Degree|
|SHRM-CP**||3 years in HR role||4 years in HR role||1 year in HR|
|2 years in HR role||Currently in HR role||1 year in HR role|
|SHRM-SCP||6 years in HR role||7 years in HR role||4 years in HR role||5 years in HR role||3 years in HRrole||4 years in HR role|
*Less than a bachelor’s degree includes: working toward a bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree, some college, qualifying HR certificate program, high school diploma, or GED.
The following general eligibility criteria, listed below, also apply:
- HR-related experience relates to work in any of the 15 functional areas of HR knowledge which comprise the technical competency HR Expertise, identified in the SHRM BoCK.
- Applicants are not required to hold an HR title. The critical factor in determining eligibility is your HR-related work as opposed to your job title.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they devoted at least 1,000 hours to HR-related activities in any calendar year to qualify as having a year of HR-related experience. More than 1,000 hours in a calendar year does not equate to more than 1 year of experience.
- Part-time work qualifies as long as the 1,000-hour standard is met within a calendar year.
- Individuals who have mixed roles—for example, office managers who have both administrative and HR responsibilities—may also have qualifying experience, as long as HR-related duties total at least 1,000 hours in a calendar year. Supervising employees in and of itself is not considered qualifying HR-related experience.
- Experience may be either exempt or nonexempt.
- Individuals who are HR consultants may demonstrate qualifying experience through the HR-related duties they perform for their clients. Contracted hours must total at least 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- CISHRP membership is recommended. SHRM membership is not required.
Seeking career advancement without certification?
The SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP course offers you a comprehensive, yet accelerated option to drive your professional development.
You’ll gain a generalist viewpoint, refresh key ideas and concepts, strengthen your core HR competencies and increase productivity.
Key topics covered
The SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP includes five modules covering the comprehensive SHRM BoCK. You’ll learn:
- Leadership & Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Management
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- Talent Acquisition & Retention
- Employee Engagement
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee Relations
- Technology & Data
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employment Law & Regulations (U.S. only)
- Business & HR Strategy
- Business & HR Strategy
- Colleen is an experienced Human Resources Professional with more than 16 years of practice in the Cayman Islands, 12 years in the private sector and 4 years in the public service.
- Colleen also has earned her MBA and Master’s degree in Management with a Human Resources Concentration from the International College of the Cayman Islands, where she is currently an Adjunct Associate Professor. She wishes to share her experiences and empower other Human Resources Management practitioners with the knowledge and skills that are confirmed through the earning of professional certification in the changing and challenging field of HR Management in the Cayman Islands and welcomes anyone interested or curious about this journey to achieve professional certification to reach out and contact her through ICCI.
- Colleen has earned the Global Remuneration Professional (GRP) and Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) qualifications from World at Work (formerly The American Compensation Association), as well as earning the Senior Human Resources Professional (SHRP) designation from the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI) (the first Caymanian to earn this qualification) and the Senior Certified Professional (SCP) designation from the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Raymond “Ray” Swarts
- Ray Swarts is a seasoned professional from a diverse background with extensive experience in the realms of leadership, facilitation, human capital consulting, training, public speaking, as well as risk management and information technology consulting.
- Ray Swarts has worked for and consulted with organizations of varying sizes from offices of five to 2,500 with expansive global presence across diverse international backgrounds.
- Qualifications and Membership:
- Bachelor of Business Administration – Computer Information Systems (“BBA-CIS”)
- Society of Human Resource Management – Certified Professional (“SHRM-CP”)
- Development Dimensions International – Certified Facilitator (“DDI-CF”)
- Certified CliftonStrengths Coach
- Training and Development Director for the CISHRP
- Memberships: CISHRP, SHRM
- Mission Statement:
- Ray is known for several sayings, one of which is “Don’t reinvent the wheel – re-engineer it!” In that spirit, Ray takes pride in carrying away with him the mission of his former colleagues at Deloitte. That mission is profound, far reaching and at the same time quite simple:
- Make an impact that matters!
- Ray is passionate about helping individuals and organizations improve, taking them from good / great to outstanding and amazing. All to make an impact that matters!
- Ray is a recently certified SHRM-CP and he believes in HR professionals training themselves to the highest standards to provide the best service to their organisations. Having gone through the certification preparation process and testing, Ray knows the SHRM certification preparation and certification test is the best way to prove that level of knowledge and understanding beyond doubt. He is excited to help other professionals to achieve their goals in certification
- Beth McField, a generational Caymanian, is the former Acting Director of Boards and Work Permit Administration (Acting) for the Immigration Department of the Cayman Islands. She is also the former Director of Human Resources for Orion Developers Ltd., the developer of the Ritz-Carlston. Ms. McField earned a double Bachelor’s Degree at Florida International University in Human Resources Management and Business Administration. Her professional motto is, “People first and always, they drive deliverables.”
- When asked what determined her decision to donate her time to present the SHRM course at ICCI, she replied, “People are my passion and as a Caymanian it is important to ensure that the profession of Human Resources Management advances in our Country, for all HR professionals, but most importantly, for Caymanians who have gravitated towards the field of HR. Caymanians must become competitive by acquiring a certification and positioning themselves as one of the best, in not only their Country, but worldwide. This can only be done through an internationally recognized professional certification. The next step is to identify an HR specialty, which is critical and blaze a path within the diverse offerings of the profession!
- Beth is especially looking forward to representing her mother who was the visionary behind the need for tertiary education in the Cayman Islands. This idea became ICCI, through her college friend Ms. Elsa Cummings. I am honoured to return to ICCI 40+ years later, in memory of Floris McCoy, to assist professionals with advancing their career by becoming a SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. I think she would be proud that ICCI has pioneered the SHRM certification in the Cayman Islands, another first! “
- Rozinkova is an experienced HR practitioner with PwC Cayman Islands. Iva started her career as an accountant. She was focused primarily on audits and regulatory reviews of financial institutions where she gained valuable financial and business understanding of various organizations. Iva has over seven years of experience, having started her career with PwC Czech Republic before coming to PwC Cayman Islands in 2015.
- Iva dedicates majority of her time to projects in People and Organization consulting practice some of which include organization review, compensation structure and benchmarking.
- Iva has earned her Society for Human Resource Management Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) qualification in 2017. Iva is a Treasurer of the Society for Human Resources Professionals and she is a qualified member of Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
International College of the Cayman islands
595 Hirst Rd
The program fee is $1,800.00.
Registration and Payment Deadline: February 5, 2021
Register before the deadline and Save $180. (Pay only $1,620)
Program fee includes ALL the following:
- Instructional Resources
- International College Certificate of Completion
10% discounts are available for:
- ICCI employees, alumni, and students.
- Companies who are enrolling 3 or more of their employees in a program.
ICCI employees, alumni, or students who are requesting a discount must enroll with an “@icci.edu.ky” email address and actively use it for the duration of the program.
- A non-refundable down payment of $600 is required during registration to guarantee your spot in the program and for materials to be purchased.
- The second payment of $600 is due no later than March 1. The remaining balance is due no later than April 1.
- Late registrants will be charged an additional $100 on their program invoice.
- Qualified substitutes for participants can be accommodated with written notice by February 27, 2019.
International College (ICCI) may, in its sole discretion, permit the substitution at no additional charge if the candidate is qualified.
All program withdrawal requests must be received in writing.
Due to costs associated with establishing, holding, and replacing participant slots the following guidelines will be implemented:
- Cancellations received more than 7 days prior to a program’s start date will incur a charge of 10 percent of the full tuition
- Cancellations received 7 to 3 days prior to a program’s start date will be charged 50 percent of the full tuition of the program
- Cancellations received less than 3 days prior to a program’s start date will be charged 100 percent of the full tuition
* If a registrant fails to attend without notification, or if a withdrawal occurs on or after a program start date, full tuition will be forfeited.
If International College (ICCI) cancels a program due to low enrollment, registered participants will receive a refund of any tuition paid, or be allowed to move their registration to a future running of the program. Refunds from cancelled programs can also be applied to other open-enrollment programs.
Please note that in all situations, participants are responsible for their travel and International College (ICCI) cannot reimburse for any travel expenses that may have been incurred.